Thursday, July 28

Birth Parent Pictures & Part II

First, the pictures:

Chris, Mama Shelby and Baby Eli (Notice his mohawk)


Chris (Shelby's Fiance), Mama Shelby and the Ainsworth Clan.

Birth Dad, Taylor.

Part II:

Baby is sleeping next to me, in his swing so I'll do my best to type quickly with two hands.
So, the week Shelby was due we went and had eggplant parmesan not once but twice in hopes that the old wives tale would come true and Shelby would go into labor.  As fate would have it, Shelby was overdue and had an induction date set for June 16.  This was an especially crazy time for our family because we had people packing our house on the 15th and 16th and then then moving van coming on the 17th.  I was worn out and emotional.  So much going on in one week.  On the afternoon of the 16th I left Craig at the house with the packers and took the kids with me to my parents house in Atlanta.  After getting the kids settled I set out to the Cobb County Hospital where Shelby had begun her induction.  Craig ended up getting there before I did.  It was nice to have some time with him.  We were both so excited to be there and to meet our baby.  Yet we were still just a bit nervous that Shelby would change her mind.  She had every right to keep Eli and we knew it.  But we'd already opened up our hearts and made him a part of our family as well.  Shelby, Chris and Shelby's mom were in the hospital room.  We took awhile to get to know Shelby's mom, Tami and then enjoyed Shelby and Chris' company. Craig and I went back to our hotel after midnight to get some rest.  The next morning we woke up like we were kids at Christmastime, SO EXCITED!!!!  We had no idea what would await us that day.  We had breakfast and then rushed over to the hospital.  Shelby looked great even though she hadn't slept a wink.  
OK, Eli just woke up.  I'm going to take care of him and get back to this later.  He cries "Injustice" if he's not given 4 ounces of milk every two hours.  He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!  What a joy!  Off to feed...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. fun, fun and MORE fun!! we are so thrilled and excited for you guys!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete