Friday, November 9

Growing in my heart...

We've been working on paperwork for our next adoption.  I'm feeling some of the same things I felt as I did when we were preparing for Eli.  I'm not able to bond with our next child while he/she grows in my womb as I have done with my biological children.  Nevertheless, the bond is forming in my heart as it did with Eli while we waited for him.  I feel so much love for the child who will come next in our family.  I get excited as I watch Eli care for his baby brother doll.  I know this is meant to happen for our family.  God has something in store for us.  The timing is unknown to me  but I continue to move forward with faith. Some may wonder why we are open to the addition of another child.  The answer is that we feel led by God in that direction at this time not to mention that we have love and resources to share. We have always wanted a big family. We pray for the birth parents of our next child to know us as "the one's" and to find comfort in that. We've been through this before and have seen and felt the emotion and heart break that goes along with placing a baby.  My heart goes out to those who may be considering adoption. It's a hard choice to make....  There are wonderful homes out there for babies to be raised in and families who'd be willing to have you continue to play a role in your child's life.  They offer a father and a mother, siblings, love and consistency.  Putting the needs of your baby before your own is one of the most selfless acts I've ever seen.  I never cease to be amazed by Eli's birth mother, Mama Shelby.  Open adoption is a wonderful thing.  That's where my thoughts are now, it feels good to share it!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Sister Ainsworth! I totally get the big family thing.
    So great to read your story. Good luck with everything as your second adoption plays out. Miss you guys ten times! Love, Drew.

    ReplyDelete