Wednesday, January 26

Mama said there'd be days like this.

Wednesday's start out the same way every week.  
I like to get to my 8:30am step class so the kids and I work at turbo speed to make that happen.  Today wasn't any different.  On the way to the elementary school I saw the tire pressure light blinking in my van.  It would go on for a minute and then go off again.  I decided to ignore it because I had a busy day ahead of me. (About a month ago I had my air-bag light doing the same thing.  It turned out to be a loose wire.) I got to step 10 minutes late but still enjoyed the workout.  When I got back to the van I was bummed to see that the light came on again.  I decided to make the preschool drop-off, go visiting teaching and then stop by jiffy-lube.  I was hoping the air was low because of the cold weather. (Can that even happen?)  When I got to my first visiting teaching appointment my younger sister called to tell me about some concerning symptoms she was having.  She is 27 weeks pregnant.  I told her to get to the hospital ASAP!  I made my two visits and then headed to jiffy-lube.  They filled the tires and then pointed out the huge nail stuck in my back rear tire. (This is the third nail in that tire in the past 18 months.)  Sigh...I headed straight over to Wal-Mart to have the tire repaired.While waiting my two year old and I had lunch at Mc Donald's (How many calories was that again?  Do I want to know?) and then perused the entire store.
I got a call from my sister, she was being admitted to the hospital.   Luckily my friend was doing the preschool pick-up!  I was able to reschedule with the painter and I let the elementary school I'd be picking the kids up instead of having them ride the bus. I stopped at home to let the puppies out and found that the washing machine was still giving me an error sign that I thought had been fixed!  Sigh...tear.  No time for that.  Off to pick up kids and then get to Karate.  When I got home from Karate I got out the supplies to make dinner.  I had a friend coming over with her kids.  Her husband is deployed and Craig had a work dinner so I thought it'd be the perfect time.  I was then side tracked by the four loads of laundry waiting to be washed.  I got on the phone with customer service.  I think I was on hold for about 20 minutes.  Meanwhile I did more trouble shooting on my own, Moving the washer as far as I could and crawling over it.  Yikes.  Finally the elevator music stopped and a real person was there to help me.  The only problem was he didn't have anything new to have me do.  The thing he could do was send a repairman out on February 8.  FEBRUARY 8?  "I have a husband, four kids and two dogs.  Isn't there anything sooner?"
 Sigh..Flood of uncontrollable tears being soaked up by the piles of dirty laundry. A call to my sister finds her home and on bed rest, still having contractions but awaiting medicine to stop them.  My husband rubbed my shoulders while the kids rubbed my feet. My friend came and kept my mind off my troubles for a couple of hours.  I'm grateful for company like that.  I still have laundry.  I still need to finish my lesson for the activity tomorrow night.  I still need to call all the loan officers who want me to refinance through them.  An so the list goes on.  At the end of the day I am exhausted.  I will have to echo Scarlet O'hara, "Tomorrow is another day..."

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment